Thursday, June 12, 2008

Greetings from Lesotho. I hope all is wonderful and warm back in the U.S.A or America as they call it here. Things in Lesotho are going great. Training is very busy and tiring but I am learning a lot. Today I learned how to bathe myself using only a bucket of water. It was a very interesting demo to say the least. On Sunday I head out to my host village where I will stay in my own rondavel (round stone house) for 6 weeks to do community based training. I cannot wait for that but it will be very different than what I am used to at the training center, running water, electricity (most of the time), and prepared meals. I will essentially be on my own in all those matters but my host family will be near by to assist if need be. Today I went shopping for all sorts of supplies for my rondavel, lots of buckets, cook ware, candles, soap, etc. I will let you all know how the CBT goes. My sesotho is getting a little better. I speak sesotho hantle hayanne, a little bit good. Keep in touch. Khotso!

2 comments:

Dad said...

I'M glad to hear things are going well, the "bucket" bath sounds as though you are truly savings water. We take a lot for granted here in the states. Anxious to see a few pictures, be well

Matt G Sr.

Dad said...

I'M glad to hear things are going well, the "bucket" bath sounds as though you are truly savings water. We take a lot for granted here in the states. Anxious to see a few pictures, be well

Matt G Sr.