Wednesday, August 6, 2008

PCV!

Hi all. I am happy to announce that I am finally a Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV)! I passed my language test and officially got sworn in today. We had a very nice ceremony with the US Ambassodor and other embassy officials, all the trainers, the PC staff, and some of our future working partners. It was a great turn-out with lots of singing, speeches, and FOOD. I will leave tomorrow for Sebapala-Quthing for my village. I am very excited to get settled and make my thatched roof rodavel home. I am also a bit nervous to go from extreme business with a lot of structure and fellow trainees to no structure and no fellow volunteers. I am sure I will find plenty of things to do. Work already seems busy, there is SO MUCH to be done, but things seem to happen very slowly here. I have finally gotten a cell phone so if anyone wants to give me a jingle just drop me an email and I will give you my number. I hope all is well back in the states and hope the summer is going great. I will be in touch as best I can. I am not sure if my camptown has internet so I will have to investigate the closest place to log on. Until next time.

6 comments:

Mom said...

Way to go, Julie.

We Love you. Mom&John

Unknown said...

i am proud of you jules! miss you :)

John Carroll said...

Hey, Jules,

I am trying to post a comment, without success. I'll try again. I miss you and am excited that you're settling into your rondavel. Let us know what projects you are starting up. Sewing won't do. We love you,
John & Mom

Kate said...

Jules I miss you!! I am so happy you passed your exams, especially the language portion! Great job :) It sounds like you are having a great time.
I just started a job in Quincy, MA, just south of Boston. I don't love the job so needless to say I am actively looking for a different position but it is a foot in the door so that's always good. I moved into my apt. officially last weekend and I love my place!! I am so happy things are going well for you, keep in touch! Miss you :)

Kate xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try to hit your blog more often. I hope you are able to update once in awhile. Monster misses aunti Julie too.

Darren

Toni Marie Pignatelli said...

Jules-- I am so happy to read of your adventures! It seems like things are going really well. Congratulations on your new status! It's finally Fall in VT and it's making me miss your fine dog slingin' self! Shoot me an email if you have some time. I'd love to catch up! Miss you!